Physiotherapists: ProACTIVE SCI Toolkit
The ProACTIVE SCI Toolkit is designed to help physiotherapists work with their clients with SCI to be physically active outside of the clinic.
It’s a step-by-step resource that uses three overarching strategies including education, referral, and prescription to develop tailored strategies that work for both the physiotherapist and their client with SCI.
Professionals working with people with SCI
Looking to expand on your knowledge as a health care provider, coach or teacher? Use the resources listed below to explore current research and expand on your skills.
SCI Specific Resources
- ABC of Autonomic Dysreflexia
- Postural Assessment and Seating Systems for People with Spinal Cord Injury
- SCI Action Canada
- Spinal Cord Injury Research Evidence
- Adaptive/ Para-Alpine Skiing Long Term Skier Development
- Archery Canada: Long-Term Archer Development Model
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Catalogue of Resources for Health and Recreation Practitioners
- Coaching Association of Canada: Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- Canadian Disability Participation Project
- Motivational interviewing
- Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation
- Physiotherapy Exercises
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America
- Sport For Life: Long-Term Athlete Development for Athletes with Disabilities
- Sport for Life: Training Athletes with a Physical Disability
- Wheelchair Basketball: Resource Guide
- Wheelchair Rugby Schools Program